Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Review of Burberry Beauty

It's been awhile since I've updated my blog - lots going on in my life, and little 'free' time. I've decided to write about my experience with the new Burberry Beauty line, which I purchased online from nordstrom.com.

I purchased 3 eyeshadows, in Pale Rose, Tea Rose, and Trench, and the Light Glow blush in Rose. Overall, the shadows are very soft (which also means a lot of fallout), and require quite a bit of building to get the desired color payoff. They do, however blend beautifully.

Tea Rose is a very basic rose tone - very neutral, nothing special.
Trench is a dead-on dupe for MAC Brule, but at $29, I'll be keeping Brule.
Pale Rose is a nice pale pink with irridescence, and maybe my fave of the three. Despite the brand name, and high expectations, they just don't live up to my makeup standards. The colors are essentially dupable, and are do not stand out enough for me to shell out $29 apiece for them.

The blush is nice - very soft and sheer, easily buildable, and the color is a good, everyday color for my NW25 skintone. But for $40, I think I'd rather use one of my MAC or LORAC blushes.......it just really isn't that special.


In the photo below, L-R: Tea Rose, Trench, Pale Rose. Bottom: Rose Light Glow blush. All are over UDPP, patted on. And yes, the camera captured the color depth well.

Sadly, these are going back.

In the photos below, for the eyes I've used the 3 shadows, plus MAC Charcoal Brown in the crease, and Chanel Cassis to line. Cheeks are Burberry Rose blush. Lips are Chanel Legende Rouge Coco topped off with MAC Easy Lounger lipglass.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

u are so pretty! I think the tea rose looks nice

Peter said...

Hi Shypo. I found a question from you re: naked cos on specktra & I wanted to see if I could help.

I cant find a contact for you though! Please contact me here:

info@nakedindstry.com

Thanks!
Peter

Post a Comment